Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness and can be passed from person to person through droplets from coughs or sneezes.
What are the symptoms?
- Severe chest pain or pressure
- Fever lasting 3-4 days
- Chills are common while fever is present
- Shortness of breath; difficulty breathing
- Persistent cough
What to do if you show symptoms?
- Stay at home.
- Stay away from others.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Call your doctor before you leave home to seek medical care.
- Avoid public transportation and ridesharing.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Track the virus on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Map provided by the University of Washington.
We have compiled additional COVID-19 reference tools designed to provide support to patients and caregivers during the pandemic:
- NYU Meyers: COVID-19 Tip Sheet / Caring for Your Teeth During COVID-19
- Alzheimer's Association: Tips for Dementia Caregivers in Long-Term or Community-Based Settings
- American Nurses Association: COVID-19: Disaster Preparedness
- AORN: Roadmap for Resuming Elective Surgery after COVID-19 Pandemic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 Information / Stress and Coping
- The GATE Initiative
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Action Guide to Support Staff Wellbeing and Joy in Work During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public / Infection prevention and control / WASH
Please note NICHE does not recommend and/or endorse any of the products, services, or content found on any third party websites. See NICHE Terms and Conditions for details.