Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) is one of the original care models that aims to optimize the nurse practice environment to address the unique needs of older adults. As an organizational intervention, the goal of NICHE is to enhance nurses’ knowledge and skills to position nurses as leaders who systematically implement evidence-based practices to improve health outcomes for older adults.
We promote excellence:
- by fostering diversity and promoting equity and inclusion among our membership
- by empowering nurses as agents of change to ensure excellent care of older adults;
- through continuous process improvement;
- by championing evidence-based nursing practice development through online education and resources dissemination;
- in our data, programming, and customer relations
- by ensuring clinical excellence quality and research across the NICHE member network. Ensure that NICHE stays ahead of new research, techniques, and practices which are inclusive of all backgrounds.